devel/git to be static

parv parv at pair.com
Sun Apr 7 01:53:08 UTC 2013

( Please do carbon copy me the replies for I am not a ports@
  subscriber. )

Hi there,

Within The Ports, is it possible to compile and install devel/git
(with subversion & Perl support) as (a collection of) static
port?

The problem that I want to workaround just appeared: I use git
(installed with Perl & subversion support) much; subversion is
currently used only to update FreeBSD ports & src trees.
subversion-1.7.8 was marked to be vulnerable; I thought I could
remove 1.7.8 version, and compile & install a newer version.

Turned out git had to be de installed also (sans force) before
subversion 1.7.8 could be removed. (Or, if subversion was removed
with force, I would have then needed to do library shuffle to be
able to run git at all.)

I could have lived with older version of subversion support
statically compiled in with git files, (possibly) to be updated
after newer subversion version was installed **successfully**. Would
I need to compile git outside of The Ports to achieve the desired
result?