pkg + libiconv + gettext

J David j.david.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:21:40 UTC 2013

We recently freed up a couple of machines to start moving toward helping
test and using pkgng.

For testing purposes, we have two parallel build machines running
9.1-STABLE, one running poudriere, and one running portmaster.

While building converters/libiconv with portmaster we hit the following:

===>   Registering installation for libiconv-1.14_1 as automatic
Installing libiconv-1.14_1...pkg: libiconv-1.14_1 conflicts with
gettext-0.18.1.1 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file:
/usr/local/lib/charset.alias
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 70

I think the old pkgtools just ignored this situation on install and
reported a checksum mismatch on uninstall.

What should we do about this?

Thanks!