ports/head at r314338 x11/nvidia-driver

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Apr 2 11:38:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 08:40:08AM +0100, Thomas Sparrevohn wrote:
> As far as I can tell the reboots are related to a faulty strlen call when
> compiled with clang. Change compiler to gcc the problem goes away

FWIW: I have been using clang to build FreeBSD (and x11/nvidia-driver) in
both head and stable/9 on my laptop since May 2012.

I have not experienced the "random reboots".  I am also building/running
FreeBSD/i386.

If there is an issue with clang generating incorrect code for strlen(),
getting that issue properly documented so it may be fixed would seem to
be useful.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.