graphics/gimp: What are the stoppers moving from port's covered version 2.6 to recent and modern version 2.8?

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Sat Sep 29 16:12:26 UTC 2012

Hi!

Heino Tiedemann wrote on 29.09.2012 19:20:
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering why FreeBSD ports takes so long to update quite oldish
>> gimp-2.6 to gimp-2.8. Does anyone know what the stoppers are and where
>> solutions needed?
>
> Mee too. gimp 2.8 is from march(!) 2012 - now it is olmost october und
> nothing happened..
>
> This - and sometime the old graphics/rawtherapee port - makes FreeBSD
> a litle unusable for foto-editing
>

> Heino

As far I know, the gimp and gnome update will not be done until FreeBSD
9.1 will be released (a couple of weeks at minimum). But in a mean time
you can update the required ports manually, using this archive:

http://people.freebsd.org/~rm/gimp.tgz

Note: please do not just copy them over the current ports, because there
is some patches, that should be removed first to make things working!

And. What is wrong with rawtherapee? It's on it's latest version as far
I understand.

--
Regards,
Ruslan