aspell conflicts with ispell?

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 02:52:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Tsurutani Naoki
<turutani at scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> I think aspell does not conflict with ispell; they have no common files.
> Is it any problem with ispell when running or building aspell ?
>
> BTW, textproc/ispell does not have "CONFLICTS" entry... it is confusing.

I suspect it is bogus unless the Install the ispell wrapper is
selected. If so, it installs it's own /usr/local/bin/ispell, a
definite conflict. I don't know how good the ispell emulation is, but
it MIGHT replace the separate ispell port.

In any case, if you don't have the ispell wrapper selected, than there
should be no conflict. It looks like that was intended since there are
two CONFLICTS statements. the first is unconditional and I suspect
should have been removed. The second is conditional on hte ispell
wrapper being selected. I'd just comment out the first CONFLICTS line
in the Makefile and request that the Makefile be corrected.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com