CFT: x11/nvidia-driver major update to 304.xx series

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Thu Sep 27 02:14:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 03:35:07PM -0400, Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:
> So, now that its in the wild...I upgraded...and it broke my dual monitor
> desktop (at work).  Seems like gdm/gnome can't see the other monitor.]
> Tried rebuilding a bunch of other things, but didn't help.  Reverting to
> previous (295.71) has things working again.  Wonder what people will do
> for portdowngrade when CVS goes away.

No need for portdowngrade actually, you can always build the port against
DISTVERSION of your choice, by doing:

	make DISTVERSION=xxx.yy -DNO_CHECKSUM

This works most of the time since pkg-plist changes rarely, so it would
even give you nice valid package.

Perhaps you could try new version, 304.51, this way and report us back if
it fixes things for you?

./danfe