How to maintain a manual download in a download restricted port?

Борис Самородов bsam at passap.ru
Mon Sep 24 12:49:06 UTC 2012


24.09.2012 16:29, O. Hartmann пишет:
> Am 09/24/12 12:21, schrieb Chris Rees:
>> On 24 Sep 2012 11:12, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I deal with an "in spe" port, which does provide the source tarball from
>>> the website via a PHP interface - so, no automatic fetch() seems to be
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> To provide the port in due time, I'd like to ask the people here how to
>>> manage in the port's "Makefile" to refer the user to download manually
>>> the sources, place them in ${DISTDIR} and restart installation.
>>>
>>> I tried to have my eyes on some ports like java/jdk16, but, to be
>>> honest, the Makefile is not very convenient for my fast eyes to read and
>>> it seems there are many workarounds which are not necessary for a simple
>>> port.
>>>
>>> Maybe one of you is willing to answer me. Is there an elegant, BSDish
>>> way to provide the message and stop doing the automatic fetch? I
>>> couldn't find something in the "Porter's Handbook", but sometimes I'm
>>> blind ;-) If there is a statement on that subject in the handbook,
>>> please do not hesitate to refer to the section.
>>>
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#AEN3090
>>
>> This appears to be a new feature- I didn't know about it either :)
>>
>> Chris
>>
>
>
> Thank you.
>
> I tried - but failed again.

Hm, this is not my e-mail you replied to. I suggested a little bit
different section. It was 6.2.6. "Examples".

> When setting those variables to:
>
> NOFETCHFILES=           ${DISTFILES}
>
> or
>
> RESTRICTED_FILES=       ${DISTFILES}
>
> and having
> .if !exists(${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX})
> IGNORE= \n
> IGNORE+= Due to download restrictions please download the source
> IGNORE+= tarball ${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX} manually
> IGNORE+= and place the it in ${DISTDIR} and start again.
> IGNORE+= \n
> .endif
>
> Somehow I expect that setting those "RESTRICTED" or "NOFETCHFILES"
> variables will make the script automatically not fetching anything - but
> whenever I start the build via "make all", the first step is that the
> DISTFILES are getting fetched - or tried to get fetched. This is what I
> need to avaoid completely.

And here is my first question: have you read the section 6.2.6. to
the end? I.e. have you noticed the mandatory recommendation
"Note that this stanza must be preceded by..."?

-- 
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve


More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list