kdenetwork-4.8.4_2 and libotr

Christopher Dawkins cchd at pjcd.org
Sun Sep 23 22:11:16 UTC 2012

I am sorry to bring this to your attention: you all do a lot of work that
considerably benefits me and many others.

But I cannot compile kdenetwork-4.8.4_2 because it seems to need libotr3.

The advice in 20120908 seems irrelevant because I am not using pidgin-otr,
anyway, it cannot work because there is no libotr3 port or directory.

In my case the new libotr 4 is installed, but the kdenetwork
update complains

    kdenetwork-4.8.4_2: "/usr/ports/security/libotr3" non-existent --
                                     dependency list incomplete

and fails (an  hour later) at the 'Built target kopeteidentity'.

I am not sure which 'new port' to compile to provide kdenetwork with a
suitable substitute.

--
Christopher Dawkins
   Archivist, Felsted School            http://archives.felsted.org