svn, ports and $FreeBSD$

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:52:20 UTC 2012

On 13 September 2012 17:45, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Bryan Drewery wrote on 13.09.2012 19:18:
>
>> On 9/13/2012 10:06 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> while committing an update for sysutils/ldap-account-manager I got this
>>> message:
>>>
>>> """
>>> Sending Makefile
>>> Sending distinfo
>>> Sending pkg-descr
>>> Sending pkg-plist
>>> Transmitting file data ....svn: E165001: Commit failed (details follow):
>>> svn: E165001: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with
>>> output:
>>> Path "head/sysutils/ldap-account-manager/pkg-plist" does not have a
>>> valid $FreeBSD$ string (keywords not disabled here)
>>> == Pre-commit problem count: 1
>>>
>>> svn: E165001: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
>>> svn: E165001: '/home/rm/learn/free/000/sysutils/svn-commit.tmp'
>>> """
>>>
>>> I already got this error once before, but now I decided to ask what is
>>> wrong. Why this hook doesn't whining most of the time (most of the
>>> pkg-plist's I had ever svn-committed were w/o $FreeBSD$ line) and why it
>>> complains now. What's is the best practice regarding this line in
>>> pkg-plist's? Thanks.
>>>

>> This is how to fix:
>>
>> # svn propdel svn:keywords pkg-plist
>> # svn propset fbsd:nokeywords yes pkg-plist
>>
>> The plist should not have the keywords.
>>
>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsSubversionPrimer has some auto-props you
>> can use to do this automatically. I've had issues with this working, but
>> just follow the props as layed out there for the files listed.
>>

> Thanks Bryan and Michael. It looks like I need to deep into subversion
docs
> to understand what's this and why it is happening :). But I will follow
your
> suggestions until that.

Sometimes, people have put @comment $FreeBSD$ in the pkg-plist.

As Beat swept the tree to try to get all the svn props correctly set, some
plists were caught with this, and may have had an incorrect bit set;

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/ldap-account-manager/pkg-plist?revision=169464&view=markup

This will just happen occasionally until we catch 'em all :)

Chris