[HEADS-UP] Announcing the end of port CVS

Frank Seltzer frank_s at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 11 13:06:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> If you want ot update all graphics ports, 'svn up
> /usr/ports/graphics'. For just updating a single port, 'svn up
> /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick'.
>
> But it appears that you chose to not follow the instructions. There is
> a reason to delete the existing ports tree and do a checkout. If you
> don't, every time something gets updated, it will generate a conflict
> as the pre-existing ports tree is not recorded in the .svn file, so
> svn sees the existing file as in conflict with the new one and refuses
> to download the new one until the conflict is resolved.

(Replying to a random post.)

I haven't seen this asked so far so I'll do it. Is there a cookbook
procedure to create a local svn server similar to the one you posted for a
single machine update?

f.e.:

[1] create user, group and directory
[2] cd /<somedir>
[3] su <so and so>
[4] svn ...
etc.

I have read the FreeBSD svn page and red-beans.com and neither has one or
if they do I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,
Frank