[FreeBSD-Announce] Announcing the end of port CVS

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 7 13:19:01 UTC 2012

on 07/09/2012 14:57 Steven Hartland said the following:
> Is there no way to tell it not to delete unknown files so we
> don't have to add addional steps to the workflow flow of adding
> additional patches to local port builds?

I would hazard a recommendation to use something like git-svn / svk /etc if you
are going to have local ports development on top of the official tree.
There is a git clone of ports on github.
--
Andriy Gapon