Problem installing bacula-server and bacula-client on the same machine

Enrique Ayesta Perojo eayesta at portugalete.uned.es
Fri Oct 26 09:12:00 UTC 2012

26/10/12 11:00(e)an, Enrique Ayesta Perojo(e)k idatzi zuen:
> 26/10/12 10:14(e)an, Carsten Jensen(e)k idatzi zuen:
>>
>> Isn't the client installed automatically when you install the
>> bacula-server ?
>> I seem to remember from older freebsd versions that it's the same
>> package.
>>
> Hi,
>
> No, the source file is indeed the same and bacula-client is a "subport"
> of bacula-server, but it doesn't install automatically with the
> bacula-server port. I'm looking at the Makefiles, maybe that's the reason...
>
> Thanks

Hello again,

The bacula-server Makefile seems to be the problem (?) By default it
only installs the server and storage part of bacula, adding the client
part to the USE_RC_SUBR option it installs perfectly... maybe a metaport
is needed?

.if !defined(WITH_CLIENT_ONLY)
USE_RC_SUBR?=   bacula-dir bacula-sd bacula-fd
.endif