INDEX|DESCRIBE-N not provided by portsnap server

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Oct 15 16:38:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 08:57:58PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:02:59PM +0300 I heard the voice of
> Sergey V. Dyatko, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > Building new INDEX files... INDEX-7 not provided by portsnap
> > server; INDEX-7 not being generated. DESCRIBE.7 INDEX-8 not
> > provided by portsnap server; DESCRIBE.7 INDEX-8 not being
> > generated. DESCRIBE.8 INDEX-9 not provided by portsnap server;
> > DESCRIBE.8 INDEX-9 not being generated. done.
>
> This has happened to me on -CURRENT since mid-Feb.

OK, I finally got sick enough of dealing with these to track this
down.

It's been broken since r227483 (2011-11-12).  Running 'fetch update'
(doing them individually was OK I think; maybe that's why there hasn't
been an uproar about it?) has been broken, and at least currently
'extract' is as well.

Fix: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=172715

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net