graphics/png status, when will 1.5.13 appear in ports?

Thomas Mueller mueller23 at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 14 10:15:24 UTC 2012

Niclas Zeising <zeising at daemonic.se> responded:

> Since we are in a feature freeze, and graphics/png is the dependency of
> a lot of ports, I don't think we'll see it in before 9.1 is released.  I
> am not the maintainer however, so I'm only guessing.
> Have you tried to update the port yourself, and send the patch as a pr?

I hadn't thought of that, but if I could do that, it would help me better
understand and work with the ports framework.  But would anybody commit it?

But png-1.5.13 was released upstream some time before the FreeBSD ports
feature freeze.  Yes, I know graphics/png is a dependency of many ports, from
the +REQUIRED_BY file in /var/db/ports/png-1.x.y

Tom