help wanted: ports for the Netmagis software

Pierre DAVID pdagog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:12:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 08:38:01PM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
> On 2012-10-09 14:27, Pierre DAVID wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > would anybody help me to bring these ports in final shape such as
> > they could be included in the ports tree?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Pierre David
>
> Hi David,
>
> I haven't tried a test build and your ports are looking good at
> the first investigate.

Many thanks for reviewing these port candidates.

New ports are available on:
    http://netmagis.org/files/netmagis-2.1.0.tar.gz

I accepted nearly all your changes:
    see https://github.com/pdav/netmagis/commits/2.1

> Anyway I have some minor changes.
>
> - adopt new makefile header (all Makefiles)
>
> - netmagis-common
>  - no entries after bsd.port.mk (netmagis-common)
>  - distinfo is out of date (what was changed ? same version number)

This is a bug in our release engineering process. The online version
is corrected.

>  - use LOGIN instead DEAMON in rc scripts (user->rancid)
>
> - netmagis-database
>  - is it possible to change /usr/local/var/netmagis to /var/netmagis?
>    or is this directory similar to the rancid repo dirs and adjustable?

This is configurable in the netmagis.conf file.
We choose /usr/local/var/netmagis for proximity with rancid.

> - netmagis-www
>  - is it possible to use a common WWWDIR together with netmagis-metro?
>    if yes, we can set a common WWWDIR in netmagis-common and adjust
>    metro.

They are not in the same security perimeter, and thus cannot share
the same directory.

> - a couple of dirrm -> dirrmtry
>    where I suspect tmp files or user data which should be
>    protected during updates, but you should know the places better then I ;)

Once again, many thanks for reviewing these ports.

Pierre