HAVE_GNOME vs. bsd.ports.options.mk

A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman) nanoman at nanoman.ca
Wed Oct 10 16:33:23 UTC 2012

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

[...]

>I have made suggests on what to do. Please contact with A.J. Kehoe IV.
>I suggested him to create a team to work on get rid of HAVE_GNOME. He
>even has created a wiki page about it at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Gnome
>.
>
>A.J. Kehoe IV, sorry, my time is very limit right now. Maybe now you
>will have more people that can help you after this email. Who knows.
>
>Cheers,
>Mezz

No problem, Mezz.  My availability has also been very limited lately, which is why I've been so quiet.

I just have a few questions:

1. Is https://github.com/pct/freebsd-mate the GitHub repository that you're using?  I didn't see a link to it on any of the FreeBSD GNOME pages.

2. Are the patches for the WANT_GNOME decommission project expected to go into the MarcusCom CVS repository as an intermediate step before they're submitted to the FreeBSD Ports Collection?

3. To where should I/we send the anti-WANT_GNOME patches?  Should these go to freebsd-gnome at FreeBSD.org or marcuscom-devel at marcuscom.com?

4. Can someone give me (AJKehoe) write access to my personal home page on the FreeBSD Wiki (http://wiki.freebsd.org/AJKehoe)?

It's going to be at least another month until I'll have time for this, so I'm in no rush for a reply.  Thanks in advance!

--
A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman)     |  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Nanoman's Company           |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail