New OPTIONS structure - deselect all

Jason E. Hale jhale at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 6 05:13:53 UTC 2012

On Friday, October 05, 2012 22:52:05 Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I'm working on updating the barnyard2 port, and I'm changing the port to
> use the new OPTIONS structure.  It seems no matter what I do, the first
> port OPTION is automatically selected.
>
> I've tried OPTIONS_DEFAULT=, OPTIONS_DEFAULT= none, and not using
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT at all.  I do not want the first OPTION selected.  I want
> them all deselected so the person installing can choose the appropriate
> ones for their situation.
>
> What's the secret sauce for this?  I've looked through bsd.options.mk, but
> I can't see it.

If you want all options deselected by defaut, either use
OPTIONS_DEFAULT= #empty
or don't define it at all.

NLS, DOCS, and EXAMPLES are on by default even if they are not in
OPTIONS_DEFAULT.  If you are getting something other than this in your tests,
make sure you don't have anything in /etc/make.conf to set the unwanted
options.  Also run #make rmconfig to make sure you are starting clean.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to see what you have so far in the
Makefile...pastebin it or attach it.

- Jason