[CHANGE PROPOSAL] Moving WWW from pkg-descr to Makefile

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 5 15:20:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 06:41:28PM +0400, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> Thierry Thomas wrote on 05.10.2012 18:36:
> > Le ven  5 oct 12 à 16:05:35 +0200, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org>
> >   écrivait :
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >> I want to propose and make the actual move of the WWW information from the
> >> pkg-descr to the Makefile itself via a WWW variable.
> >
> > Good idea!
> >
> > But just a warning: some pkg-desc may contain two URLs.
> >
> > Regards,
>

> I examined this right after it was proposed on developers at . We have
> generally five types of urls in pkg-descr:
>
> 1. no WWW at all (for dead projects)

WWW in Makefile will not be mandatory

Will become WWW= http://url

> 3. WWW: http://url
>     WWW: http://url

Will become
WWW=	http://url1 \
	http://url2

> 4. WWW: http://url
>          http://url

Will become
WWW=	http://url1 \
	http://url2
> 5. RG: http://url (for some rubygem-* ports)

Will have to be change to something more clever :)

regards,
Bapt