texlive (was: Re: huge distfiles policy)

Romain Tartière romain at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 1 09:21:23 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 01:14:27PM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> 30.09.2012 19:31, Romain Tartière пишет:
> > On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:17:03AM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>
> >> I CCed both hrs and romain so they can give their opinion and the status of
> >> their work.
> >
> > Yes, after 2 months away, I am back :-)
>
> OK, guys, what is the best way to proceed:
> 1) either commit the PR with monolithic texlive and live with it for
> some time...
> 2) or postpone the PR and wait until Romain finishes his work?
>
> Romain, can you give an estimation of when your ports may be ready to
> be committed?

I setup the mirror yesterday:
http://texlive-distfiles.blogreen.org/

svn is committing the ~2200 ports in the freebsd-texlive repository
right now (a few minutes to go I guess).  However, I have not looked at
updating ports depending on teTeX to make them work using TeX Live
instead…  If the idea is just to provide TeX Live, I would tell that
these ports do the job.  For a drop-in replacement of teTeX, more work
is required.

Romain

--
Romain Tartière <romain at FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)