/archivers/ is missing after svn...

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri Nov 30 09:35:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:04:08 +0100, Jeffrey Bouquet
<jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Packages and distfiles are cache directories to save on network bandwidth.
If your internet is not very slow or on a data limit then it is harmless
to delete their content. The files will get downloaded when they are
needed again.

You sound to me like you moved the content of /usr/ports to another place
per file or per directory.
I hope you did something like this.
mv /usr/ports /usr/ports-old
svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

This will restore a complete and consistent ports directory. And you don't
need the reminders, etc.

Regards,
Ronald.