opera 12.11

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:24:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 08:08:45 Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
>> On 27.11.2012 12:34, ajtiM wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my
>> > FreeBSD 9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:
>> >
>> > opera
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png properly?
>> Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > P.S.
>> >
>> > I used Clang to build Opera.
>> >
>> > Mitja
>> > --------
>> > http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa
>
> As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....
>
> Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...

Try "pkg_libchk -o". If you don't have it, install
sysutils/bsdadminscripts. It can save a LOT of time over portmaster -r
as many ports that will be re-installed with portmaster are dependent
on other ports that use png, but don't use it directly, so don't need
to be re-built. In many cases only about 10% of the ports that
"depend" on some library actually link to the sharable, though png is
linked to far more things than most.

An occasional run will also catch oversights, like missing an UPDATING
entry or having a shareable version updated, but not entered into
UPDATING.  I think it should be a part of the weekly periodic run. (I
also think it should be in the base system.)

I am not sure if pkg_libchk works with pkgng. Dominic?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com