Why submitted PRs don't show up on the web interface right away?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Mon Nov 19 21:29:56 UTC 2012

Yesterday I submitted the PR and got an acknowledgement e-mail with this
link: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=173710
Usually in such situation this link shows "No PRs Matched Query" in this
URL for a few hours and then info shows up.
But not in this case. Now, after 18+ hours, this link still shows "No
PRs Matched Query".

Few questions:
* What changed? Why PR doesn't show in the web interface?
* Why don't PRs show up online immediately? Is there some process that
synchronizes something in batches? What is the point of this process?
* Why FreeBSD submission process doesn't require authentication?
* I think the captcha in use is very outdated and will be easily broken
once some hackers will come across it. I think google recaptcha would be
a very welcome change. Or maybe something a bit more creative like
https://github.com/josscrowcroft/MotionCAPTCHA would also be good.

Yuri