The state of redports

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:26:49 UTC 2012

For those who did not see the announcement, there was an intrusion
into some core FreeBSD systesm and this resulted in a LOT of systems
being taken off-line. I assume redports was one of them.

I strongly encourage everyone to read the notes on the intrusion at
http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html
This is especially true if you use cvs, cvsup, csup, or packages and
have updated either your system sources, ports tre, or packages since
September 19, 1012.

Again, please read the document and decide for yourself what you need to do.