pkgng woes

Jeffrey Bouquet jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 00:36:43 UTC 2012

--- On Fri, 11/9/12, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: pkgng woes
> To: "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com>
> Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:09 AM
> On 9 Nov 2012 18:34, "Jeffrey
> Bouquet" <jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- On Fri, 11/9/12, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com>
> > > Subject: Re: pkgng woes
> > > To: "Beeblebrox" <zaphod at berentweb.com>
> > > Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
> > > Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 8:18 AM
> > > On 9 Nov 2012 09:53, "Beeblebrox"
> > > <zaphod at berentweb.com>

> not really
> > > working - at least
> > > for

> job and I
> > > have about half of
> > > my
> state. The
> > > program runs and is
> for it. So
> > > my ports updates do
> > > portupgrade is "more ready"
> portmaster
> > > has the
> normally use to
> > > correct problem #1,
> or pkg.
> > > The "portupgrade
> > > -Ffu"
> either.
> install (like
> > > accessibility/atk
> > > or
> feature of
> > > IGNORE_CATEGORIES
> "blacklist"
> > > those ports but I
> PORTS - so
> > > we'll see.
> > > Separately
> complient
> > > and doing updates,
> in that I
> > > whish to remove. As
> job of
> > > this and allowed the
> structure -
> > > so same problem here
> and that
> > > is a very roundabout
> version
> > > information on the
> > > system.
> dependencies,
> > > pkg tries to pull in
> perl5 - I
> > > have 5.16 already
> > > on
> 5.14. The
> > > only solution was to
> > > use
> and without
> > > the dependencies.
> (no-deps)
> > > option??
> > >
> > > Mixing versions with binary packages is a bad
> idea
> > > anyway.  Packages are
> > > built with a certain set of dependencies, and you
> can't mix
> > > and match (this
> > > has always been the case).  If you want to do
> [...]
Sorry. I was referring to 'you can't mix and match', but I've
always done it more or less. (Here a feature, not a bug... lower
power CPU.s)  I apologize for any confusion, just wanted to
inquire if the "pkg_add  -f" for dependencies, that are not
runtime dependencies, which still allow installing a package;...
Otherwise, in this instance, I'd have to somehow figure out which
of the hundreds of .tbz on a thumbdrive are with pkg-config; which
are with pkgconf; greatly complicating what may be just several
hours to do a slew of upgrades to one CPU.  Admittedly most FreeBSD
users may not face this situation.  Apologies if it is wasting
anyone's time...

J. Bouquet