pkgng complains about using pkg_info: intended?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 9 23:41:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 04:10:43PM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 9 November 2012 15:58, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is this intended (current as of r242511)?
>
> Ah. I have a patch to partly fix this. I forgot that the conversion
> process itself uses the repo. The correct fix is either to add an
> override environment variable or to have the conversion write to a
> temporary repo and do a rename() at the end.
>
> I prefer the latter.

@Eitan
I do prefer the environnement variable because the users that are using pkg_*
tools for some reason we can't imagine (there is always cases) can safely use it
without this warning.

btw this one of the reason a minimum of 1 month before MFC was necessary :D

@Alexander
Sorry for this I should have thought about it when reviewing the patch that
added this warning, I completly forgot about this case.

If no one sent to portmgr a patch since then, I'll write a patch to allow to fix
this on monday.

regards,
Bapt