Github problems

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Nov 8 22:05:33 UTC 2012

I'm working on a new port, and I'm having problems with Github.

The url to the tarball is:
<https://github.com/Snorby/snorby/archive/master.tar.gz>

This is what I have in the Makefile:

# $FreeBSD$

PORTNAME=       snorby
PORTVERSION=    2.5.3
CATEGORIES=     security

MAINTAINER=     pauls at utdallas.edu
COMMENT=        Frontend for snort

USE_GITHUB=     yes
GH_ACCOUNT=     Snorby
GH_PROJECT=     ${PORTNAME}
GH_TAGNAME=     master
#GH_COMMIT=     master

When I run make makesum I get this:

=> snorby-2.5.3.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch
https://nodeload.github.com/Snorby/snorby/tarball/master?dummy=/snorby-2.5.3.tar.gz

Obviously that fails.  I looked through /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk, but I
don't see any way to override the part after dummy=.  I tried making
GH_COMMIT= master, but that did nothing.

What's the correct solution to this?  There doesn't seem to be anything in
the Porters Handbook about github.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst