pkg install -fRx perl failed

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 12:59:45 UTC 2012

	Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 07:38:34 -0500
	From: Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net>
	To: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
	Subject: Re: pkg install -fRx perl failed

	Baptiste Daroussin articulated:

	> Don't know what you are using, but you should imho run portmaster or
	> portupgrade to rebuild everything that depends on perl (sorry I don't
	> remember the exact syntax).

	portmanager lang/perl5.16 -l -f

portmanager?

DEPRECATED=     Does not support modern ports features such as MOVED, is lacking upstream and active
 contributions, and does not support pkgng. \
                Consider using ports-mgmt/portmaster, ports-mgmt/portupgrade or pkgng.
EXPIRATION_DATE=2013-01-04

I'd really like to know how to do this properly with pkgng.

Anton