Gramps 3.3.0 Final Report

Joseph a Nagy Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:39:44 UTC 2012

Sent to the maintainer and to the ports list because of a complaint that
the maintainer isn't listening to the developers.

I encountered a bug[0] that caused GRAMPS to crash. I filed a bug report
with the developers as the port built just fine. I got a quick response
(surprisingly) and was pointed toward a second bug[1] with a similar
problem and a possible solution, though that person never got back to them.

As you can see in my bug report comments, I changed a line in the Makefile:

-USE_BDB=        43
+USE_BDB=        48

And instead of

echo "WITH_BERKELEYDB=db43" >> /etc/make.conf
echo "WITH_BDB_VER=43" >> /etc/make.conf

I manually changed both to:

WITH_BERKELEYDB=db48
WITH_BDB_VER=48

and rebuilt py-bsddb. Gramps now works as expected. This should be
updated in ports as soon as possible to avoid future unnecessary bug
reports to the Gramps developers.

[0]: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6157
[1]: http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=5833#c24451
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org