[HEADSUP] New framework options aka optionng

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 30 21:38:22 UTC 2012

On 5/30/12 5:33 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> would only cause confusion.
> I'll go one further and suggest that the vast majority who don't want
> these features are building specialized systems and they know very
> well what they are doing. A global setting for these would be
> desirable, though, as someone building a specialized distribution for,
> say, an embedded system, will want no docs or examples for any port. I
> suspect it is ALMOST always an all or nothing issue, not per port.
> --
for our commercial systems, we don't install man, docs, examples.
and, I would suspect that I would be a little peeved if next time I
recompile all the ports, I had to stop and hit 'WITHOUT_PORTDOCS,
WITHOUT_PORTEXAMPLES' on every port.

Upward compatibility folks, if at all possible.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell