10-CURRENT r235646 && ports/mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin

Michael Scheidell scheidell at freebsd.org
Mon May 28 17:54:13 UTC 2012

On 5/28/12 1:51 PM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Yes, but first I tried exactly the same procedure to update 5.8 to 5.12,
> because the Makefile of p5-Mail-SpamAssassin asked for 5.12; but 5.12
> is not enough to make p5-Mail-SpamAssassin building, at least not in my
> ports tree;
update procedures for 5.8 to 5.12 are different.
and, I got a bizillian commercial systems out there with perl 5.12.4 and
spamassassin, built and run fine.
(and logs to prove it builds just fine)

don't take shortcuts.

not unless you know what you are doing. and when it comes to perl, no
one does.. no one.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell