xorg problems

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Wed May 23 00:25:16 UTC 2012

On 22-5-2012 23:48, Warren Block wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012, Gök?in Akdeniz wrote:
>
>> If you downgrade "cairo port" it will be ok. If you update ports tree
>> with csup try portdowngrade. If not try to get the old version of ciaro
>> port as package, remove the new one and install the old one, then do
>> nnot upgrade the cairo port. That will keep things working untill a bug
>> fix is available.
>
> Yes, so far so good.  Downgraded to cairo-1.10.2_3,1 and have not seen
> the garbling problem again.

Just picking the last message in the thread.

I found a Xorg bug report about the cairo 1.12 corruption. I will
investigate this more closely tomorrow since I about to fall asleep. It
seems there is a issue in EXA. People with cairo 1.12 should try to
disable that and see if that helps. I think that can be done by putting
the line below in your xorg.conf.

Option "NoAccel" "true"

-Koop