xorg problems

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue May 22 20:23:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>> Since a port upgrade yesterday, there have been some occasional graphical
>> garblings in text in terminal windows and title bars.  My saved example went
>> away when X went away.  Rebuilding everything the xfce4 port depended on
>> doesn't seem to have cured it, nor did rebuilding everything the xorg port
>> depends on.
>>
>> Starting X one time seems to work.  Quit X and restart it, and the machine
>> reboots.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Since you didn't tell us what 'a port upgrade'. I am guessing that it
> might be cairo, so try to downgrade cairo and see if it helps. You do
> not need to rebuild ports for that.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.  There were half a dozen or so new
port versions last night, and then I ran portmaster --check-depends
afterwards, which updated the dates on all of /var/db/pkg, so 'ls -ltr
/var/db/pkg' failed me.

Here's an example: http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/garbled/garbled.jpg

That is from post #8 in this thread, which might be related: