Building gimp-2.8

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Tue May 22 20:08:59 UTC 2012

Heino Tiedemann wrote on 22.05.2012 23:56:
> ajtiM<lumiwa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Monday 07 May 2012 06:56:00 Matthieu Volat wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> As gimp 2.8 was released a few days ago, I naturaly tried to get it working
>>> on my 9.0-RELEASE desktop :)
>>>
>>> I "forked" a few ports directories to bump gimp and the dependancies to the
>>> needed versions. Everything seems to work quite nicely.
>>>
>>> I'm sure those modifications cannot be pushed right now in the ports tree,
>>> there are quite a few version bump that would impact other ports, but I'd
>>> like to share them anyway.
>>>
>>> I've attached a tarball of my files, here are the list of modified ports:
>>> glib20 ->  2.30.2
>>> gio-fam-backend ->  2.30.2
>>> atk ->  2.2.0
>>> gtk ->  2.24.10
>>> gdk-pixbuf2 ->  2.24.1
>>> pango ->  1.29.4
>>> babl ->  0.1.10
>>> gegl ->  0.2.0
>>> gimp ->  2.8.0
>>>
>>> I hope it can help people wanting to upgrade to the lastest version of
>>> gimp.
>>
>> I like to give a try but I am not familliar with ports (I never dd). Maybe we
>> will be lucky and GIMP 2.8 show in ports soon.
>
> Is here any maintainer who can tell - is there a gimp 2.8 at the and of
> the tunnel? :) When it is there?
>
> Heino

There is a patch from Koop Mast, that updates gimp to 2.8 (and gegl/babl
too). But new gimp also requires more fresh atk and all of this needs
testing. I can't recall the link for kwm's patch, and will not put one
that I have somewhere, because there is possibility that there is
updated version of it. Koop, can you please post that patch link here so
the interested people can check it on their own?

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.