[ GSOC ] Project: Parallelization in the ports collection

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:25:05 UTC 2012

Hello Alexander,

I have been working on a program (available via ports-mgmt/portbuilder) that
handles concurrent installation of ports.  It doesn't change the port
infrastructure but manages the build process via python.  The program has
strong similarities to your project's objectives.

It also has some interesting features like allowing one to install ports via
packages or pkgng repositories as well as directly via ports (and the order of
preference and fallback methods can be controlled).

I am open to sharing my experience and insight with you, to assist you in your
project.

Regards,

David