how to find the number of processor cores

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 16 08:33:49 UTC 2012

On 5/16/12 2:41 AM, Svyatoslav Lempert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some patch for single core CPU (on VPS), but this construction
> do not work

Try to describe why/ and why you want to do this.

Why not  a knob?

WITH_ONE_CPU

> CPUS=           `${SYSCTL} -n kern.smp.cpus`
Try:

CPUS!= ${SYSCTL} -n kern.smp.cpus

(but, run portlint -abt after and see warning).  This spawns extra
processes in make INDEX, and will bring the wrath of the ports auditors
down on you.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell