textproc/p5-XML-SAX: prerequisite XML::SAX::Base 1.05 not found

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 04:08:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Adam McDougall <mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu> wrote:

>>> I did a "pkg_delete p5-XML-SAX-Base-\*" followed by "portmaster
>>> p5-XML-SAX-Base" and "portmaster p5-XML-SAX". Once I did that,
>>> everything went fine. (In theaory I could have deleted
>>> p5-XML-SAX-Base and then installed both p5-XML-SAX-Base and p5-XML-SAX
>>> in a single portmaster run, but I didn't do it that way, so I can't
>>> promise that it will work.
>>
>> Do either of you remember how p5-XML-SAX-Base was installed? The port
>> was removed 6 years ago and sunpoet readded it with the 0.99 update. It
>> appears to have already been installed according to your port logs but
>> not detected by the perl install itself, which means it there is some
>> discrepency in the package's file locations.
>>
>> -milki
>>
> I ran into this problem today from some servers I installed 2 days ago.  I
> did not have p5-XML-SAX-Base-1.08 installed prior to running portupgrade -a
> this morning which installed it then p5-XML-Sax failed.  If I remove
> p5-XML-SAX-Base-1.08 and let portupgrade re-add whatever it wants, it
> worked.

p5-XML-SAX-Base was installed before re-installing p5-XML-Sax, which
would have installed the required file but reinstalling  don't recall
exactly what order it was installing them in, unfortunately. I thought
it installed Base first, but it would have done so before XML-SAX
deleted the file when deleting the old p5-XML-SAX. Remember, it was in
the packing list for the old version.

Now that the damage was done, re-installing Base restored the missing
file and p5-XML-SAX no longer tried to delete it. No real reason to
de-install Base. Simply re-installing it would have done the job.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com