How useful is %%DATADIR%%, anyway?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 24 09:55:19 UTC 2012

On 23/03/2012 23:49, Mel Flynn wrote:
> I think even more space can be saved if a PORTWWW is introduced, though
> PORTWWW=* should be used more carefully as WWWDIR can be dynamic.

I've been maintaining databases/phpmyadmin and several others
essentially like this for years.  It works nicely, but there is a gotcha
you tend to run into with web applications: they usually have config
files within the web tree which the admin will modify, and you have to
avoid gratuitously blowing their changes away.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.