How useful is %%DATADIR%%, anyway?

Michael Scheidell scheidell at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 23 23:31:20 UTC 2012

On 3/23/12 6:27 PM, Chris Rees wrote:
> Almost.  PORTDOCS=* in the Makefile basically uses find on ${DOCSDIR}
> and sticks it into TMPPLIST.  The advantage is that we then have one
> line in the Makefile instead of up to 2000 in pkg-plist.

thats frekeing magic.. how did it find the source in $WRKDIR/specs?
Seriously, how did the macro find it?
(my question wasn't about where it was going to WRITE it, but how do I
tell it where to find it.  I could not find a ${docsdir} macro in any
config, Makefile(.in}am). nothing.

cd work/libXaw-1.0.8/
%grep -i docsdir *
%grep -i docsdir -R ./

ps:
someone important, or on x11 group:  so that we save a few bytes on 8.3
ports dvd:

please check out http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/165820
and commit.
I changed the Makefile and pkg-plist.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell