qpopper compile failure

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Wed Mar 14 14:18:18 UTC 2012

On 3/13/2012 14:01, David Southwell wrote:

> qpopper has been working fine (amd64 running postfix) but on portupgrade I am
> Getting the following error:
>
> set MISSING_OBJS to  base64.o
> set MISSING_SRCS to  base64.c
> Set AR_FLAG =  -r ; RANLIB_CMD =
> checking for sendmail program... ERROR: The sendmail program cannot be located
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Something severely wrong with your setup. It looks at several places for
sendmail and does not actually check if the program is a valid sendmail
or even executable, just that the file exists.
Not even sure where to start looking. I guess the following is a good start:
sh -c 'test -f /usr/sbin/sendmail && echo sendmail found'

If that works on the shell, take portupgrade out of the equation and run
make -C /usr/ports/mail/qpopper clean configure.

FWIW: rev 1.104 of mail/qpopper/Makefile works for me(tm), except for
the configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-apopuid

--
Mel