FreeBSD Port: linux-eagle5-5.11.0_1

Fri Mar 9 12:51:50 UTC 2012

Quoting Barry Tigner <tigner at msu.edu> (from Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:54:45 -0500):

> The specific error I get when I try to install and
> run version 6.10 of eagle is...
> ./eagle: error while loading shared libraries: libpng14.so.14: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> The current version of libpng for linux-f10 is 1
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0
>
> Can you help me update this , so I can run the latest version
> of Eagle ?

I do not think you will find a recent PNG for Fedora 10. You could
take the RPM spec for a recent one and create a binary package for it
yourself. At
http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2011/02/25/howto-creating-your-own-updated-linux-rpm-for-the-freebsd-linuxulator/ I have an explanation how you can do this in a virtual
machine.

As soon as there's a (S)RPM which is compatible with Fedora 10, you
can ask here or on emulation@ how to make a port for it (in short:
copy the old one, adjust it for the new PNG; but this is an
oversimplificated explanation).

Bye,
Alexander.

--