Squeezeboxserver loops endlessly

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Wed Mar 7 23:02:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 3/7/2012 22:48, Michael Heitmeier wrote:

> I just cvsupped ports so I'm wondering is that a problem on my side or is
> the port broken?

> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/www/p5-libwww
>
> ===>>> Launching 'make checksum' for www/p5-libwww in background
> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for www/p5-libwww from ports
>
> ===>>> The dependency for net/p5-Net-HTTP
>        seems to be handled by p5-libwww-5.837

This one of two cases I know of that portmaster is trying to be smarter
then it should.
It notices a conflict and tries to redirect the dependency to the
conflicting port. In many cases this is the correct thing to do, but not
in this case, because one of the ports depends on the other. Deleting
both p5-libwww-5.837 and p5-Net-HTTP-* and then re-running portmaster
should fix things for you.

(The other case is detecting BROKEN and failing prematurely so that
TRYBROKEN can't be used. It should instead inspect IGNORE to be non empty.)
--
Mel