portmaster pkgng patch in portmaster/files?

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 28 22:16:56 UTC 2012

On 28 June 2012 23:09, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> A request to pkgng team and/or dougb
> (feel free to ignore if you think
> it's unreasonable).
>
> Please add the portmaster pkgng patch
> to portmaster/files, to be triggered
> by WITH_PKGNG=yes in /etc/make.conf.
>
> I often forget to pull the latest patch
> from the git page, when updating portmaster.
> This change would save some time/frustration.

The portmaster maintainer is reluctant to add 'official' support for
pkgng until he has tested it thoroughly, which I understand is on his
todo list (an understandable position, given the complexity).

Perhaps I could suggest that you try out poudriere package sets in the
meantime? You'll find it very fast, and discover the real power of
pkgng.

http://blog.etoilebsd.net/post/Home_made_pkgng_repo

Chris