Linux software won't install were it's told to!

Wed Jun 27 13:14:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

If the installer is doing something like
cd /
ls
Check if usr exists and mkdir if it doesn't exist.
cd usr
Check if local exists and mkdir if it doesn't exist.
cd local

Then there's nothing we can do about it. This can't be disabled, it's inherent in the way the linuxulator works.

You could check what the installer is doing with ktrace/linux_kdump or dtrace or maybe truss.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Send via an Android device, please forgive brevity and typographic and spelling errors.

Benjamin <byu17 at uclive.ac.nz> hat geschrieben:On 06/27/12 22:57, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> 27.06.2012 12:44, Benjamin пишет:
>
>> I created the directory /usr/local/quartus, but it still installed to
>> the directory under /compat/linux.
>
> Does the directory under /compat/linux exist? If yes does removing
> helps?

I have tried

rm -rf /compat/linux/usr/local

then installing the program to /usr/local/quartus. It still installs to
the /compat/linux prefix.

Cheers.