xfce 10 and icons

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:16:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I noticed a minor regression during my (very) recent upgrade to xfce
10. Apparently, most xfce applications don't seem to use the Tango
icons. For example, Thunar does not display the stock folder icon next
to the directory names anymore, instead there is no icon.
The xfce applications menu has no icons for e.g. "Logout", "Terminal",
"System", "Office" and only shows a generic page-like icon with a red
cross in the middle. However, applications that come with their own
icons are displayed properly in the start menu, e.g. firefox, mplayer,
gimp.

Does anybode else observe this and has discovered a reason for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Riggs