Anyone using perl-5.12 and WITH_PERL_MALLOC?

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 25 00:39:45 UTC 2012

On 6/24/12 6:46 PM, Steve Wills wrote:
> On 06/23/12 15:00, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> >
>> >  Yes, I agree that perl is not really being built with PERL_MALLOC,
>> >  but selecting THREADS and PERL_MALLOC options does produce a
>> >  working threaded perl. Neither THREADS nor PERL_MALLOC are
>> >  defaults, but I have ports installed that require threaded perl.
and back to thread: (pun intended)

if you make -DWITH_PERL MALLOC -DWITH_THREADS, the Makefile turns off
WITH_PERL_MALLOC, Kevin proved that with his perl -V output.

so, should i put a pr in to mark IGNORE ? because obviously, no one in
FreeBSD kingdom has WITH_PERL_MALLOC working, with either PTHREAD     or
THREAD.

the Makefile prevents with THREAD, and with PTHREAD, it segfaults.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell