FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Sun Jun 24 18:46:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 21:59 -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 01:24:55PM +0200, Stefan Esser wrote:
> > Am 21.06.2012 10:29, schrieb linimon at FreeBSD.org:
> > > portname:           audio/gstreamer-plugins-flite
> > >                     plugin
> > > maintainer:         multimedia at FreeBSD.org
> > > status:             BROKEN
> > > deprecated because: BROKEN for more than 6 month
> > > expiration date:    2012-05-10
> > > build errors:       none.
> > > overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=audio&portname=gstreamer-plugins-flite
> >
> > I just tried building this port and it built and packaged without any
> > problems. Is the compile log still available that lead to this port
> > being marked broken?
>
> There's not a quick way to do it.  See the following wiki page for
> the how-to:
>
>   http://wiki.freebsd.org/WhenDidThatPortBreak
>
> But by walking through this, I did not find a last build log.  However,
> the CVSweb entry shows the following:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/audio/gstreamer-plugins-flite/Makefile.diff?r1=1.1;r2=1.2;f=h
>
>   Update Gstreamer (core) to 0.10.33
>   Update Gstreamer-plugins(-base) to 0.10.33
>   Update Gstreamer-plugins-good to 0.10.29
>   Update Gstreamer-plugins-bad to 0.10.22
>   Update Gstreamer-plugins-ugly to 0.10.18
>
> So it doesn't really say.
>
> kwm, you were the committer, do you remember what the issue was?
>
> mcl

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I complete forgot about this
issue. This is/was a runtime issue, unresolved symbols. I recently
picked up work again on a Gstreamer update which will contain a
workaround to fix this problem. But since I forgot about it the flite
plugin would still be marked broken after the Gstreamer update.

-Koop