Unable to build "graphics/ImageMagick" port

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:43:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:10:50 -0700
Kevin Oberman articulated:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Carmel <carmel_ny at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:22:51 -0700
> > Kevin Oberman articulated:
> >
> >> To install ImageMagick with all default options, turn on HDRI (High
> >> Dynamic Range), a very desirable capability for many but turn off
> >> TESTS. Build and INSTALL ImageMagick. That puts all of the needed
> >> files in place. Then turn on TESTS and re-buildand ImageMagick.It
> >> will then pass all tests.
> >
> > Sorry, been there -- done that -- didn't work. Please reread my
>
> I re-read the prior posts and I am confused. First, I have updated
> multiple systems, i386 and amd64, version 8.3 and 9.0 with no
> problems. I simply has worked every time.
>
> Second, in your earlier report, you stated that "I installed it sans
> "Tests" and "HDRI" without problems. I then attempted to install it
> with both options and it bombed out. I finally just installed it with
> "HDRI" sans "Tests" and it installed fine."
>
> Yes. As long as you do not run tests,it installs fine whether HDRI is
> selected or not. The only failure is in running tests, not building
> HDRI.  But,it it is built and installed with HDRI, if tests are then
> run, they (or at least analyze.sh) will pass, or at least it always
> has for me.

Now I am confused. If I build sans "Tests" but with "HDRI", it works
fine. However, if I then attempt to rebuild and include "Tests", it
bombs out. The only way I can get "HDRI" included is to exclude "Tests".

If you want, I will rebuild it with both options enabled and send you a
copy of the log. Your call ...

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com