Unable to build "graphics/ImageMagick" port

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:16:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Simon Wright <simon.wright at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 20/06/12 06:22, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
>> For this to work, install ImageMagick WITH HDRI, The test that fails
>> is for HDRI and attempts to use files that don't yet exist. Thus
>> analyze.sh failes.
>>
>> To install ImageMagick with all default options, turn on HDRI (High
>> Dynamic Range), a very desirable capability for many but turn off
>> TESTS. Build and INSTALL ImageMagick. That puts all of the needed
>> files in place. Then turn on TESTS and re-buildand ImageMagick.It will
>> then pass all tests.
>

> On i386 with a ports tree from this morning, with TESTS disabled ImageMagick
> builds and installs. Re-enabling TESTS and rebuilding fails the test
> averageImages.sh.
>
> YMMV of course!

Sorry.I have never had averageImages.sh fail on any install on i386 or
amd64. It has always worked out of the box. All builds using gcc. I
have built it with both threaded and unthreaded perl. Perl 5.12 and
5.14 have both worked.

you can take a look at the test and the log of its run in
work/ImageMagick-6.7.7-7/Magick++/tests. averageImages.log si the
output and averageImages.cpp is the test source. It's about 73 lines
of CPP
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com