Skype 4.0

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 17 12:04:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 00:41:55 +0300
Ion-Mihai Tetcu articulated:

> 0 chances. As a market we're not significant at all for them.
> Even Linux isn't, not really.

I totally agree with your FreeBSD assessment; however, I believe that
they are very interested in keeping and potentially expanding their
Linux base. In fact, it would seem counter productive to do otherwise.
From a purely business point of view, to jettison a user base, even if
it does generate a $0 ROI, is not a wise decision if that base does not
require extensive investments to keep pacified. There is always the
possibility that at some future point that base could prove profitable.
Once jettisoned, it would be hard to reacquire. Basic business 101.

--
Jerry ♔