libpng.so.6 missing

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Tue Jun 12 06:06:46 UTC 2012

Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote ..
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:07:22PM -0700, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote ..

> > > There is a pkg_upgrade command in the bsdadminscripts, too.  However,
> > > pkgng will change all that soon.
> >
> > Thanks, I tried pkgng a few months ago and it didn't seem to do
> > updates... but I recall many updates on the mail list so I'm sure it's
> > much different now, and works much better. I'll definitely check it
> > out.
>
> It does, but you need a working repository for it.

I update ports in my sup file, along with the FreeBSD source. I normally csup at least every two weeks. Is this what you mean by working ports repository?

I previously ran into a snag if the package version was different than the ports version, and it seems occasionally packages lag a bit.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA